Ferrarini & Benelli is an Italian designer and manufacturer of Corona and Plasma treatment stations. The company works closely with the major international manufacturer (OEM) of extrusion and flexible packaging processing equipment and has produced more than 10,000 corona stations.
Corona surface treatment increases the adhesion of inks, adhesives, lacquers and other coatings on plastic, paper and metallized film surface.
Ferrarini & Benelli has developed specific treatment systems for the following production sectors:
- Blown film extrusion: single-sided or double-sided treatment for LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE and multi-layers
- Cast extrusion: high-speed single-sided and double-sided treatment for OPP, CPP, BOPP, PE
- Sheet extrusion: single-sided and double-sided treatment of rigid and hollow sheets of significant thickness
- Foil extrusion: single-sided and double-sided treatment of semi-rigid foil or foam
- Pipe extrusion: patented system for the treatment of pipe interiors for district heating and improvement of the bonding of polyurethane foam
- Laminating and Coating: to improve the bonding of adhesives with or without solvent, and with water-based systems
- Flexographic and Rotogravure Printing: to improve the bonding of ink with solvent, without solvent and with water-based, UV and EB systems
- Extrusion coating: to improve the bonding of PE coating on substrates such as paper and aluminium
- Narrow web: narrow web treatment systems, used for printing labels and adhesive tapes
- No-noise effect: to guarantee no-noise effect for adhesive tape
- Production of cables, pipes, sections: to increase surface tension and improve the bonding of ink-jet printing or adhesives
- Panel production: corona treatment for sheet metal panels
- Other sector: customized solutions for special mechanical applications on your lines.
Also available in F&B’s range of products: corona power generators, corona quality control, corona high tension transformer, dyne test inks and pens, ozo-no destruction system, silicone sleeves.